going crazy

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Just be happy

so tonight at the dinner table I was talking to my parents. my dad stopped me and told me a something. he said that no matter what you do half of the people aren't going to like it. So do whats going to make you happy.
its as simple as that. my dad is totally right. I can't make everyone happy but that doesn't mean that I should not make myself happy while trying to make others happy.

It really makes me wonder. how do people expect to make other people happy and try to help them when they aren't happy themselves? To everyone that I hurt I'm sorry. I'm sorry that because I wasn't happy that I made it so that I could drag you down. I think the being happy or upset is a choice. So from now on I want to try a little hard and make sure that i'm happy. That way even if someone else isn't happy and I tried to help them and it didn't work, hey at least I tried. It isn't worth getting upset over things I don't have control of. I need to focus more on what I do have control of. oh and I decided that just because something went a little wrong its better to laugh at it and move on then dwell on it and be miserable.

I'm tired of the fact that people do backstab and hurt others to make themselves feel good. thats part of life and thats what we do as humans. it makes us feel better to somehow no that someone is lower then us. I know i've even done it before but I don't want to anymore. I'm sick of it. it isn't right and I know its not. so to anyone that does do that its fine if you do it around but from now on i'm really going to try and do what everyone should. If I can't say something nice i'm not going to say anything at all. I won't add much to the conversion or i'll try to see why people might be acting the way they are. everyone has bad days and we all don't mean to take things out on each other but we do. I want to be more understanding about that. So i'm going to work harder on trying to change myself to make me a better person then think that others should change. I can make myself happy and hopefully when I'm happy I can help other people be happy too.

Today is today but tomorrow is a new day

3 Comments:

  • At 6:09 PM, Blogger Marisa of the Sea said…

    Mette, it's finally clicked... Tell your dad thanks...

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Marisa of the Sea said…

    oh and I love you soo much YAY!!! Hugs...

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Sara said…

    you were always happy.

    just, had an obstacle.

    it was in ya. I KNEW IT ALL ALONG. thats why i love you so much.

    my little love bucket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home